Thursday, June 30, 2011

Inspiration Workshop Installment #5: PERFECT BATHROOM

Oh man!  This week's link up with Gussy Sews Inspiration Workshop has the prompt of "The Perfect Bathroom."  I've gotta tell ya...if you are thinking you'll ever own a home, especially BUILD a home...just start spending a little bit of time now actually thinking about what you like about homes you see - or start a pinterest or something!  

When we built, we basically decided one week to build a home and then went for it the following...way hard when you're like me and never intended to own a home much less ever thought about what I'd want!  It was quite the creative...and discussion-filled process;)

So for the "perfect bathroom" I first want to share our own bathroom that I really do like:


My hubs is crazy creative...and daring!  He saw on Apartment Therapy a floor that had been tiled in a hotel all of pennies and thought about doing it in our bathroom.  Thanks to our gracious group of friends (awesome city!!) we had penny tile parties and glued them to mesh...over and over again.  It's about $2 a square foot I believe - pretty good for a creative tile piece!  They have held up awesome - just a bit of sealer over them and we love it.  The shower cork circles we placed on the floor...however...is another story...

Just for some randoms...I think this photo says it all!!  How cool!  {Credit to Apartment Therapy...}


The other choice I love for bathroom accents is CB2.  Here's our upstairs bathroom with a CB2 shower curtain and 2 Ikea cabinets...
One I love from their site...especially the sinks...

Anything crazy you want in a future bathroom?

xoxo
Gussy Sews Inspiration Workshop!

8 comments (+add yours?)

caroline said...

wow! the shower is indeed cool! and how nice to make it a community affair and have penny gluing gatherings! thanks for sharing!

Debbie Corbari said...

WOW! Your penny shower is so COOL! Absolutely BRILLIANT in fact! And...if you're ever short on cash you know where to go! LOVE IT! ;) TFS!

Tara said...

I will take one of those bookshelves around the tub, seriously what a great idea!
Plus I love the penny idea, what a fun way to get everyone to help out!

Whitney said...

Your shower is awesome! So creative!!

Sarah B. said...

Love your bathroom!! Penny tiles sound awesome!! :)

Cate said...

I saw that penny floor and thought it was so cool, but had never heard of anyone actually attempting it themselves. How great that you guys went for it! Love it:)

Annie @ Wattlebird said...

Oh my goodness, that is so creative! I love the "penny tiling party" idea.

Kristin said...

Love the penny idea! What patience you have :-). I think it's so fun to do something original and unexpected in the bathroom - maybe we have more guts in there than anywhere else in the house! LOVE that picture with a "library" surrounding the tub. Was that taken in heaven ;-). Hope your day is a good one! ~Kristin - from kristinsveranda.com