Wednesday, June 08, 2011

inspire me on hump day: whether you think you can or whether you think you can't...


"Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you're right."
Henry Ford 

There has not been anything more thought-provoking to me than this quote this past week. I've heard it before, but now applying it to something I want to do so badly and only thinking of the ways I could fail, it has meant so much more.


I bet there are some things you could be doing right now that you dream of and hope for, but you are too afraid to try something new.  I totally gotcha.  But if we only keep doing what we know and are comfortable with, it's no wonder we're stuck just talking and not doing.


(my first thought was "who is john green??" turns out he's a current young adult novelist...)

 So instead of thinking, "there's no way I could really do that" or about how someone else can do it better than you, start wondering, "why not?" and "I will try it!"  Begin to muse over HOW it's POSSIBLE and not how impossible something is.  I'm beginning to believe more and more that if there's something that has just been nagging you since college to do, maybe you need to do it now.

xoxo