Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Try it Tuesday!: Felt rosette (wicked easy)...multi-purpose!

My good friend, Deb, asked the other day if I had heard of the craftings blog How About Orange...  Feeling inspired, I actually was able to try some simple projects I found on that site and also on a linked site that same night!  I love when that happens...instead of just pinteresting as I usually do...I DID it;)  (PS...I loooove pinterest.  Wholly perfect inspiration board-ness!)

The 2 tutorials I tried were:

Felted Rosettes from Mrs. Priss blog:

And the How to Make Boxes From Paint Swatches from How About Orange:
The rosettes themselves just took craft glue (or any), felt, and scissors...

I tried 3 different sizes - 4x4, 3.5x3.5, and 3x3...


3.5x3.5 to me turned out to be the best size...

The instead of drawing a swirl on my felt, I just starting cutting circular from the outside to the inside of the square...


Trimming off the outside end that was square-ish.

And started rolling the flower from the outside to the inside...


The perfect little middle piece got a dab of glue...and fit perfectly to finish the bottom of the rosette...

4x4, 3.5x3.5, 3x3...


The bottom...

And then I tried the paint swatch box using what I had at home to try!  



They go so well together;)!


But then I thought, hey, I kind of really like all this fabric rosette jewelry I've been seeing on etsy and such!  So I found my piece of doily lace stuff...

Figured out where it would fit best to have a little "leaf" left on a side...

Cut it down and hot glued it to the back...and found twine that I also hot glued to the back...

And thus a rosette necklace was born!  Not sure if I really like the twine or not with it...might be a little too Mary Jane's farm...but for now I'll take it...or make the rosettes into a brooch later!  

Any of your pinterests craftings you've been trying out lately?  Let me know your link if I'm not already following you!  I love sharing these great tutorials (and then doing them!)...

Also...did you ever try the July craft challenge fun?  I could yell loud curse words at my shirt currently, but I'll finish it up by Aug 1 and share it with you next Tuesday!  Here's the link - you've still got time to try it out (shirts like these are usually $4 or less when thrifting!) and send me a photo if you do it so we can share our craft winnings and failings together:) 
{click photo or here for link to tutorial at Grey Luster Girl}


xoxo

1 comments (+add yours?)

kelseysargentdesigns said...

CUTE! I want that necklace!! I'll have to try this one!