Thursday, July 07, 2011

Inspiration Workshop Installment #6: Pamper Yourself

This week's link up with Gussy Sews was Pamper Yourself...

Well, let's just say that a perfect day to treat myself to some alone-ness would first involve rain.  Seriously, it's the perfect set up for a day to relax, refresh, and refrain from trying to stay busy.

And then I'd listen to beautiful things like Copeland.



And I'd indulge in coffee.  At a coffeeshop that I could sit in for hours. 

I'd read a lovely book.  Like A Million Miles in a Thousand Years.

And, garden, without a schedule.

Oooo...and I'd get my favorite dessert at Nichole's Fine Pastry in Fargo...(the chocolate one).

 It's quite simple, really, to pamper (although I kind of dislike how royal that word sounds).  It's just a matter of taking the time for yourself.  And, truly, you do need it to remember life isn't a race.  And things don't constantly have to be checked off your to-do list!

At the end of the day, I would spend time with my love.



What do you do to treat yourself?

xoxo

Gussy Sews Inspiration Workshop!

12 comments (+add yours?)

Kara @ June & Bear said...

I agree that the rain is the perfect excuse to take it easy. Sounds like you would have a lovely day.

jaquelyn {mama thoughts} said...

This looks like the loveliest day... :)

Stopping in from Gussy's!

Annie @ Wattlebird said...

Everything here looks wonderful. I love coffee and books and gardens and chocolate!!

HLK said...

My hope for you today: that you get a day strikingly similar to all this soon.

Jessica @ jessicaNdesigns said...

Your day sounds perfect to me!! Stopping over from Gussy!

Megan said...

Aww you guys are cute! Rain and reading sound like two wonderful ingredients for a great day indeed. Stopping by via Gussy : )

teri lynn said...

Sitting at a coffee shop for hours and reading a good book sounds like bliss to me! I completely agree that pampering yourself does not always mean spending lots of money but taking time for yourself doing what you love!
May you have a day like this soon!

Sarah B. said...

YES!!! Coffee shop, a good book, beautiful gardens, and your SWEETHEART is the best pampering day ;)

elizabeth said...

what a perfect day! love!

Quetzal Handmade said...

These are great! I love coffee, love to read, love the rain! Great post! :) Stopped over from Gussy!

Jessica said...

Just had to comment after reading that you'd get a pastry in Fargo! I was born and raised there. Too fun! Stopping by from Gussy!

Natalia Lynn said...

I love what you said about the rain. It does make you relax and just want to cozy up. Love it! Cute cute blog!