Wednesday, July 20, 2011

inspire me on hump day: inspiration from The Chariot

You know that kind of EPIC rock show you go to...
and it makes you *with all the pent up emo emotion inside* believe in more...and feel super stoked to be alive.


There's some lyrics from The Chariot's song "The City" that you probably won't be able to understand if you watch this video from Saturday...but, heck, just turn down your volume and sneak a peek...


Regardless, here's some lyrics from the song you should really get inspired by this midweek hot as heck day:

"Calm rose: violent wind
The only "surrender" tonight, shall not be our own
They cannot escape, one if by land, two if by sea
Because I saved my money, but it can't save me
And maybe there is blood from the past, but that is not from me
They can take away one man, and they can take away his might
But they cannot take us all
No, they can't dig a hole the right size to fit all of our dreams
They can't bury me, they can't bury me
We can't hope that somebody else take our place
No, we can't hope that somebody else take our place

Oh we stand hand in hand and we walk without fear
This is a revolution!"

No one can stifle your dreams if you allow yourself to dream big enough.  "No, they can't dig a hole the right size to fit all of our dreams."  It reminds me that:
You have every right and ability to dream.  But not only the right to dream, but the necessity to use and grow and explode (and discover) the talents that have been entrusted to you.  In the very situation you are in now.  The world...your friends...the city needs you and your talents to be a part of it.  "We can't hope that somebody else take our place."

So here's to us twenty and thirty-somethings (and more-somethings) who need to start dreaming and realizing again!  As we get all responsible, be well aware "I saved my money, but it can't save me" in the end.  So what are you doing besides heading to more safety?

"Oh we stand hand in hand and we walk without fear
This is a revolution!"